If your client’s business involves any sort of new invention, you must be conversant in patent law. However, effective issue spotting in patent issues also involves understanding when your client should not file a patent application for that new invention. Join experienced IP attorney Soody Tronson to learn the protections and limits of patents, and how to best protect your client’s valuable new invention.
– The Value Proposition of Intellectual Property
– What can and cannot be protected by patent
– Types of patents
– How a patent is created
– What rights and protections does a patent provide?
– To provisional or not?
– Dangers of premature disclosure
– When patent issues may arise
– Foreign patent issues
This is a basic level program, designed for the general business lawyer or the beginning IP practitioner. No prior experience with patent law is assumed.
Recorded on 8/15/2015
To access click here.